Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Remove the beef from the oven 30-45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 240 ̊C/220 ̊C fan/gas mark 9. In a small bowl, stir together the flour and mustard powder.
- Score the fat of the beef in a criss-cross pattern using a sharp knife, then rub in the flour mixture and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the beef, fat side down, into a large roasting tin. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn down the heat to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Roast for one hour and 40 minutes longer for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking, bearing in mind that the meat will continue to cook as it rests. Turn the beef over halfway through the cooking time.
- Transfer to a large plate, tent loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 30 minutes before carving.
Per Serving: 475kcals, 15.9g fat (6g saturated), 0.4g carbs (0g sugars), 77.1g protein, 0.1g fibre, 0.167g sodium
Popular in Beef
Steak salad, air fryer crispy potatoes and zingy coriander oil