Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sausages and onion gravy:
For the mash:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the sausages in a roasting tin. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then turn the sausages and return to the oven for a further five minutes until nicely browned.
- Add the onions to the roasting tin. Mix the dried herbs, rosemary, mustard and stock together in a jug and pour over the sausages and onions. Return to the oven for 20 minutes or until the sausages are thoroughly cooked in the onion gravy. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water until soft. Drain well and mash.
- Combine the butter and milk in a small jug and microwave until the butter has just melted. Add to the mashed potato and mix until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper and then set aside.
- To finish the onion gravy, mix the softened butter and plain flour together to form a paste. Remove the sausages from the baking tray, set aside and cover with foil.
- Place the baking tray onto the hob over a medium-high heat. Add the flour and butter mixture and whisk until combined. Continue to whisk over the heat for 3-4 minutes or until the gravy has thickened. Add the sausages back to the tray and warm through for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the sausages and mash with the onion gravy spooned over.
Per serving: 404kcals, 20.7g fat (10.6g saturated), 43.6g carbs, 6.1g sugars, 12.4g protein, 7.1g fibre, 0.844g sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR