Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
To make the icing:
To make the candies walnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line two 15cm round baking tins with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix in the sultanas and walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the tins and bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a skewer into the sponge to check if it is baked; the banana can make it seem like its fully cooked. Push your finger into the top of the sponge — if it bounces back, it's done. Leave to cool slightly in the tins.
- For the icing, mix together the cream cheese, maple syrup and orange zest.
- Slice the sponges in half and layer the cake with the icing. To decorate, use a star nozzle to pipe some swirls on the top.
- To make the candied walnuts, boil the maple syrup in a small pot until thickened, then spoon over the walnuts until coated. Leave to set, then use to decorate the top of the cake.
Per Serving 295cals, 19.2g (10.5g saturated), 25.9g carbs, 8.6g sugars, 6.4g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.144g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux