For the coconut caramel:
400ml coconut milk
70g coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the cobbler:
1 tbsp lemon juice
130g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
40g desiccated coconut
55g caster sugar
50g unsalted butter
50g dark chocolate chips
3 ripe bananas, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- In an ovenproof pan, combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla and water. Place over a high heat, allow the sugar to dissolve and bring to the boil. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes until a caramel forms. Set two tablespoons of caramel aside.
- In a jug, combine the milk and lemon juice. Allow to sit for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour and baking powder. Stir in the desiccated coconut and sugar. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk mixture and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the topping onver the caramel and top with the halved bananas.
- Place the pan onto a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle over the remaining caramel and serve with ice cream.
Per Serving 541kcals, 30.8g fat (20.4g saturated), 64.1g carbs (36.8g sugars), 6.6g protein, 5.1g fibre, 0.038g sodium