1 tbsp olive oil
¼ a red cabbage, thinly sliced
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
Salt and black pepper
4 thick slices of bread
1 x 150g goat’s cheese log
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the cabbage for about five minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for another five minutes.
- Stir in the honey and season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Remove the cabbage to a bowl. Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper and add the butter. Melt over a medium heat.
- Make two sandwiches filled with the goat’s cheese and thick layers of cabbage.
- One at a time, cook the sandwiches in the pan until golden brown and crispy on both sides, adding more butter if necessary.
Per Serving: 346kcals, 27.4g fat (8.9g saturated), 17.8g carbs, 6.6g sugars, 8g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.469g sodium
Fun Food Fact:
The Ancient Greeks and Romans believed that eating cabbage would cure a hangover! But just in case these delicious toasties aren’t comfort enough, try out our DIY digestive calming fennel tea here.