Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the base:
For the cheesecake filling:
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Place a layer of trimmed parchment paper into an 8-inch springform tin before locking in the collar. Grease the sides with butter.
- Lay the first sheet of filo on a work surface and brush it with melted butter, lay another sheet of filo on top and brush with butter again.
- Place the two sheets into the center of the springform tin and have it run up the side of the tin (there will be some overhang). Repeat with the remaining sheets of filo, making sure to drape the pastry in a criss-cross pattern. The bottom should now be covered in filo pastry. Trim the overhang with scissors, leaving about 3cm of pastry uncut.
- For the base, add the nuts, cinnamon and salt to a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add two tablespoons of melted butter and pulse until just combined. Evenly cover the filo base with this mixture.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, lemon, lemon juice and cornflour using an electric mixer. Mix for about 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the yoghurt. Transfer this mixture to the springform tin and smooth to even out. Fold the overhanging filo over the cream cheese filling. Tap the springform tin a couple of times on your counter.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack for 45 minutes or until the top is just golden. Turn off the heat and keep the cheesecake in the oven for another 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. To make the topping, add the lemon juice to the honey and stir well to combine. Pour this over the surface of the cheesecake and top with chopped pistachios.
- Unmould the cheesecake from the springform tin and carefully transfer to a platter. Slice and drizzle the top with more honey to serve.
Per serving: 620kcals, 45.9g fat (20.7g saturated), 41.7g carbs (26.8g sugars), 14.4g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.353g sodium
Popular in Cheesecake