Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the candied orange peels:
For the cream topping"
For the orange glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 9-inch springform tin.
- Mix the crushed digestives, sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir well, until fully incorporated. Press the mixture into the tin in an even layer, over the bottom and about halfway up the side.
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, for about two minutes. Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and mix until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat until fully incorporated. Mix in the orange juice and orange zest. Stir in the cornflour, mix on a low speed and add the double cream. Mix until fully combined, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform tin on top of the crust. Place a roasting tray larger than your cheesecake into the oven, place the cheesecake on the roasting tray, and carefully add water to the roasting tin, until it comes about halfway up the side of the cheesecake.
- Bake for 1-1 1⁄2 hours. Turn off the oven and open the oven door halfway. Let the cheesecake rest for about 10 minutes and then take it out of the oven.
- Let the cheesecake rest on the counter for another 10 minutes, then gently run a baking & sweet things cheescake mashups greased butter knife between the sides of the cheesecake and the springform tin to carefully separate it. Cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least four hours before adding the whipped cream.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the oranges, leaving the white pith on the orange. Slice the peels into thinner strips. Add the peels into a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 30 seconds. Drain the peels and rinse with cold water. Repeat twice more.
- Combine water and sugar in a small pot. Heat on medium heat and stir until the sugar is melted. Add the peels and bring the water to a boil. Lower the heat to low and cook for about an hour. Toss the peels in extra fine sugar and lay them out to dry.
- Add the double cream into a mixing bowl. Whisk on a low speed, gradually raising the speed to high. Slowly pour in the sugar and then add the orange zest. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the icing sugar to a shallow bowl, whisk in the warm double cream, warm orange juice and orange zest. Whisk until the glaze is smooth and drizzle the glaze over the frosted cheesecake. Decorate with orange peels and you’re ready to serve.
Per serving: 732kcals, 49.3g fat (29.9g saturated), 68.5g carbs (57g sugars), 8.6g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.376g sodium
Popular in Cheesecake
Peach cobbler cheesecake