Makes 24 mini tarts
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pastry
For the frangipane
For the poached pears
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with melted butter.
- For the pastry, combine the plain flour and icing sugar in a bowl. Rub in the butter until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the egg yolks and mix until the dough just holds together. If the mix is a little dry, add a tablespoon of cold water. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill.
- To make the frangipane, beat together the butter and the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Fold in the ground almonds and lemon zest.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, roll out on a floured surface to 1-2mm thick. Cut out disks of pastry, slightly larger than the muffin tin. Press the pastry into the tin and pierce the bottoms with a fork. You can freeze the prepared tins well in advance.
- Spoon the jam into the base of the each of the tartlets.
- For the poached pear version, in a saucepan combine all the ingredients for the syrup and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the peeled pears. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until the pears are tender. Remove and allow to cool. Once cool, cut into slices and add to the tartlets.
- Top both types of tarts with the frangipane.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and the tart is golden brown.
- Serve with cream or custard.
Per serving: 262kcals, 13g fat (6.4g saturated), 35.5g carbs (23g sugars), 3.4g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.076g sodium.
Popular in Picnic
Curried pasta salad by Amy Meegan