100g long grain white rice
200ml light cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp orange zest
½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the rice for five minutes. Drain, then rinse under running water and set aside to drain well.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cream, vanilla, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and stir in the butter and sugar. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice to the milk mixture, then transfer to a baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve warm.
Per serving: 400kcals. 24.6g fat (15.3 saturated). 38.4g carbs. 16g sugar. 7.2g protein. 0.6g fibre. 0.123g sodium.