120g plain flour
120g medium cornmeal or polenta
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground mustard
90g cold butter, cubed
7 hot dogs, halved
14 ice lolly sticks
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and ground mustard in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers until crumbly.
- Stir in the milk and honey until well combined.
- Place the dough between two sheets of floured piece of parchment paper. Roll out until ½cm thick.
- Stick an ice lolly stick into each hot dog piece. Place the hot dog on the dough and cut a square that is big enough to wrap around it. Form the dough around each hot dog to cover, then place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with mustard and ketchup for dipping.
You’ll need a giant cupcake mould for this recipe – pick one up from any cake or craft supply shop.