Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and ground mustard in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers until crumbly.
- Stir in the milk and honey until well combined.
- Place the dough between two sheets of floured piece of parchment paper. Roll out until ½cm thick.
- Stick an ice lolly stick into each hot dog piece. Place the hot dog on the dough and cut a square that is big enough to wrap around it. Form the dough around each hot dog to cover, then place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with mustard and ketchup for dipping.
Note: Polenta can be used as an alternative to cornmeal, if you wish.
You’ll need a giant cupcake mould for this recipe – pick one up from any cake or craft supply shop.
Popular in Dinner