Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, so they’re thinner and will cook faster.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- In a large ovenproof pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken breasts to the pan and sear until golden brown on both sides – approximately seven minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and a pinch of salt to the pan and fry for five minutes, until soft.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey. Stir to combine well and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, turning to coat in the glaze. Add the tomatoes to the pan around chicken, place in the oven and continue baking for a further eight minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, place a mozzarella slice on each breast, return to the oven to bake for a further 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with pasta and your favourite summer salad.
Per serving: 332 kcals, 11.9g fat (4.2 saturated), 11.6g carbs (9.2g sugars), 44.7g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.224mg sodium
ChickenGluten-freeDinnerDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatOne-potFamily mealsFree-fromQuick and easyBudget meals
Popular in Chicken
Instant ramen noodles