Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Place the butternut squash on a large baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer and roast for 40 minutes, flipping the pieces over halfway through.
- Place the cashews in the bowl of a food processor and whizz into fine crumbs. Add the soy milk, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, mustard, Italian seasoning, turmeric and paprika. Add some salt and pepper and whizz until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the roasted squash to the food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Drain the pasta well, then return to its pan over a medium heat. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Serve as is, or transfer to a baking dish, top with a sprinkle of vegan breadcrumbs and bake at 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes.
Note: penne, farfalle or any other short pasta can be used as an alternative to macaroni, if you wish.
Per Serving 390kcals, 11.8g fat (2.1g saturated), 56.8g carbs, 3.1g sugars, 17.2g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.84g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Add cooked peas or broccoli florets to the mac ‘n’ cheese if desired