For the cinnamon Mascarpone:
2 tsp honey
½ tsp ground cinnamon
For the baked apples:
Zest of 1 lemon
6 large Granny Smith apples
50g butter, cut into cubes
45g brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks, roughly broken
250ml white wine
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the cinnamon Mascarpone. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Use a small sharp knife to remove the base of each apple so that they rest flat. Use an apple corer to remove the core from each apple, starting at the base and working upwards, leaving the stalk intact. Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Scatter the lemon zest, butter, sugar and cinnamon sticks around the apples. Pour over the wine and cover the dish tightly with tin foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the apples are soft. Remove the tin foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until lightly caramelised. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with tin foil to keep warm.
- Pour the juices into a frying pan and place over a high heat. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat. Place the apples in serving bowls. Pour over the sauce and serve with the cinnamon Mascarpone.
297kcals, 12.5g fat (7.7g saturated), 36.9g carbs, 28.6g sugars, 5.3g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.089g sodium