For the pudding:
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g dark brown sugar
50ml cold coffee
230g self-raising flour
1 tbsp espresso powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the Baileys cream:
- Preheat the oven 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Butter a 1.2 litre pudding bowl and line the base with a disc of non-stick parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, syrup and sugar over a medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk, coffee and egg.
- Fold in the flour, espresso powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the mix into the prepared pudding bowl. Cover the top of the pudding bowl with pleated non-stick parchment paper and tie securely.
- Put the pudding in a roasting tin and fill the tin with boiling water. Allow to steam for 1 1⁄2-2 hours until the pudding has risen and is firm to the touch. Allow to cool slightly.
- For the Baileys cream, whip the cream to soft peaks and fold in the Baileys.
- Pour the cream over the top of the coffee pudding, then slice and serve.
Per Serving: 162kcals, 7.4g fat (4.5g saturated), 21.2g carbs (8.5g sugars), 2.3g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.081g sodium