Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the mustard mash:
For the filling:
- Simmer the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain and return to the pan.
- In a jug, combine the milk with the spring onions. Heat in the microwave for one minute or until warm.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter, then stir in the warm milk mixture and the mustard. Season well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion and cabbage and cook 15-20 minutes or until they’re softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually add the stock and then 150ml of the reserved cooking liquid, whisking constantly. Keep whisking until thickened and smooth.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the mustard and parsley and season with salt and black pepper. Add the cream and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in the cabbage and bacon. Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof baking dish.
- Top with the mustard mash. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the mash is golden and the filling is bubbling around the edges.
Per serving: 375kcals, 15.1g fat (8.1g saturated), 31.8g carbs (7.6g sugars), 30.4g protein, 6.2g fibre, 0.284g sodium
Here’s a quick guide to learn how to cook boiled bacon boil easily.