Serves 8-10, with leftovers
3kg rib of beef
Salt and black pepper
Crust ingredients of choice (click here for our favourite crust recipes)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and place the rib of beef in a roasting pan, fat-side up.
- Whizz together the crust ingredients in a food processor (or crush together very thoroughly in a pestle and mortar) until very well combined.
- Spread all over the beef until covered.
- Roast in the oven for 1½-2 hours, basting occasionally, until a meat thermometer registers the internal temperature at 50˚C for medium-rare.
- Transfer the beef to a board. Tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving.
Per serving 451kcals, 16.3g fat (5.3g saturated), 3.1g carbs, 0.6g sugars, 69g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.145g sodium