Makes 12 (approx.)
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line two large baking trays with sheets of parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl and rub in the butter to form a sandy texture.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk. Mix until it comes together as a dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin. This is when you can get creative and cut out a variety of different shapes using biscuit cutters.
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared tray and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, whisk the icing sugar and water in a small bowl to form a slightly runny icing. Divide the icing into separate bowls and add one or two drops of food colouring to each to make any colour of your choosing. Decorate the cooled biscuits as desired.
Per Serving 288 kcals, 8.1g fat (4.9g saturated), 52.3g carbs, 37.5g sugars, 2.6g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.061g sodium
Popular in Kids baking