Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place a pot (which has a lid) on a medium heat. Dice the smoked bacon into small strips.
- Slice the scallions into bite-sized pieces. Place the rapeseed oil in the pot and add the bacon.
- Gently fry the bacon until it colours slightly and releases the flavour. Add the bottle of MacIvors Cider and reduce by half.
- Season the cooking liquor with sea salt and black pepper and turn it up to high heat. Once reduced add the mussels and place the lid on top. The mussels will steam and the flavour of the bacon and cider will make them taste amazing!
- When the mussels are all cooked, add the cream and scallions for crunch. Serve in a big bowl with some toasted bread for the juices.
IrishDinnerLow carbCholesterol-friendly recipes30-minute mealsLow-fatSpecial OccasionsOne-potSt. Patrick’s DayCuisinesQuick and easyDinner partyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter