Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the risotto:
For the filling:
For the coating:
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat until foamy. Add the onion and cook gently for 5-6 minutes or until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in the rice and cook for one minute, then pour in the wine. Bring to the boil and allow to cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Pour in half of the stock and simmer, stirring continuously, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining stock one ladleful at a time as the rice absorbs the liquid, stirring, until the rice is cooked through – this should take about 20 minutes in total. Stir in the Parmesan and season to taste. Spread the risotto out into a tray and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the kale for two minutes. Remove from the heat, add the spinach and stir. The residual heat should be enough to wilt the spinach. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Transfer the risotto to a large bowl. Add the mozzarella and greens and stir to combine. Check for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Scoop the cooled risotto into roughly 20 equal portions the size of golf balls.
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl, beat the eggs in a second and put the breadcrumbs in a third.
- One at a time, dip each prepared risotto ball into the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a tray and set aside.
- Half-fill a large, heavy-based saucepan with vegetable oil and heat over a medium-low heat until it reads 170˚C on a cooking thermometer. Working in small batches to maintain the temperature of the oil, lower in the risotto balls and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the fried arancini to a baking tray and place in a warm oven for 10 minutes or until ready to serve. Eat the arancini warm – best served with wild garlic mayonnaise (p.44)!
Per arancino : 245kcals,11.2g fat (3.7g saturated), 28.3g carbs (1.3g sugars), 7.5g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.306g sodium
ItalianDinnerStartersStep-by-stepDinnerMeat-freeLunch & snacksSpecial OccasionsLeftoversKidsCuisinesDinner partyBudget mealsComfort foodVegetarian
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat