For the cake:
150g ground almonds
250g caster sugar
½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
220ml vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 23cm cake tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the polenta, ground almonds, sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture in the prepared tin. Top with the slices of apple; they may sink, but that’s not a problem.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- Dust with icing sugar, then slice and serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Per serving: 472kcals, 30.1g fat (5.2g saturated), 46.8g carbs (30.7g sugars), 7.2g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.032g sodium