120g brown sugar
1 x 397g tin of condensed milk
3 large apples, peeled, cored and cubed
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp golden syrup
400g gluten-free oats
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a large baking tin with parchment paper. Combine the brown sugar, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook, stirring, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the apples and cinnamon and cook for five minutes until the mixture is thick. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and golden syrup.
- Place the oats in a mixing bowl. Stir in the liquid mixture until combined.
- Spread into the baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice into individual bars and serve with custard.
Per Serving 363kcals, 10.7g fat (5.2g saturated), 62.1g carbs, 35.8g sugars, 7.9g protein, 5.1g fibre, 0.09g sodium