Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pudding:
- In a large bowl, combine the sultanas, mixed fruit, dried cranberries, chopped apple and cider. Stir well, then set aside to soak for one hour.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour, salt, spices, pecans, ground almonds and breadcrumbs. Add the soaked fruits along with any excess cider and stir well.
- Generously butter a 1.4-litre pudding basin. Cut a small disc of foil or baking parchment and press into the base.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared basin and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover with a layer of baking parchment paper and foil, both pleated across the middle to allow for expansion. Tie securely with string and trim away any excess paper and foil.
- Place the pudding in a large saucepan. Add enough water to come halfway up the sides.
- Cover and steam for five hours, or longer if desired. The longer the pudding cooks, the richer and darker it becomes. Top up the saucepan with boiling water as required and don't let it boil dry.
- Serve with warmed custard.
Per Serving: 631kcals, 29g fat (10.8g saturated), 82.1g carbs (35.5g sugars), 9.2g protein, 6.2g fibre, 0.278g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Mini pineapple upside-down cakes