2 cooking apples, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
2 tsp cinnamon
4 slices of brioche bread
50g pecan nuts, toasted
- Place the apples in a saucepan and add the sugar, water and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until the apple is soft with some small chunks still remaining.
- To make the French toast, whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add the milk and the remaining cinnamon.
- Melt and small knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip both sides of the brioche bread into the egg mixture. One slice at a time, fry the brioche until golden brown on both sides.
- To serve, place one slice of French toast on a plate and add a spoonful of stewed apple and a sprinkle of toasted nuts. Repeat this step to create a French toast stack. Top with a few extra toasted nuts and serve.
Per Serving 401kcals, 23.5g fat (3.6g saturated), 44.8g carbs (31.8g sugars), 9.9g protein, 9.4g fibre, 0.083g sodium