Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cake:
For the lemon syrup:
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 23cm tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the flour, ground almonds, Greek yoghurt and lemon zest. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- To make the syrup, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pot and bring to a simmer. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat.
- Use a toothpick to pierce the cake all over. Brush the lemon syrup over the whole cake, then allow to cool fully.
- To make the icing, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice. If the icing is too runny, add more icing sugar; if it’s too thick, add more lemon juice.
- Pour the icing over the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Decorate the top of the cake with toasted flaked almonds, raspberries, lemon zest and some lemon slices.
Per serving: 409kcals, 18.6g fat (8.4g saturated), 57.8g carbs (44.5g sugars), 5.9g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.097g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux