450g baby potatoes, halved
4 chicken fillets
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
120g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
60ml fresh milk
4 tsp cornflour
420ml chicken stock
1 lemon, zested, then thinly sliced
250g green beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with 2cm of water. Add one teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film and pound with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until they are a uniform thickness of about 1cm. Pat the fillets dry with kitchen paper and season on both sides with salt, pepper and the paprika.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned on one side.
- Turn the chicken over and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for another 5-6 minutes or until cooked throughout. Remove from the pan, transfer to a plate and tent loosely with tin foil.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat and add the remaining oil. Add the potatoes, cut side down, along with the mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cut sides of the potatoes are nicely browned, then toss everything together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and cornflour. Add to the pan along with the chicken stock and some salt and black pepper. Simmer over for one minute, whisking to thicken and remove any lumps.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon slices and green beans to the pan and simmer for one minute. Return the chicken to the pan, then cover and reduce the heat to medium.
- Simmer for another three minutes or until the green beans are just barely tender. Taste and season as needed. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Per serving: 437kcals, 18g fat (4.1g saturated), 24.9g carbs, 2.8g sugars, 45.2g protein, 6g fibre, 0.52g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
If you prefer, add a generous handful of frozen peas in the final few minutes of cooking instead of the green beans.