Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the buffalo sauce:
- In a large mixing bowl add the chicken strips, buttermilk, half the garlic powder, half the cayenne powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the chicken and set aside in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours, or overnight if time allows.
- To a large plate, add the breadcrumbs, flour, remaining spices, and a pinch of salt and black pepper and mix well. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade, shaking off any excess and add to the breadcrumb mixture, a few pieces at a time. Toss the chicken and coat well in the breadcrumbs and set aside on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- To cook, add the chicken in an even layer to the basket of the air fryer, brush the chicken with a little olive oil or cooking spray. Cook at 180°C for 25 minutes, turning half way through cooking, until crispy and cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the buffalo sauce by simply melting the butter and mixing with the hot sauce.
- To assemble the sandwiches, toss the chicken tenders and buffalo sauce together in a bowl, coating well. Add half a tablespoon of mayo to the base and lid of each brioche bun. Add lettuce to each base bun, top with 2-3 tenders and a little red onion, top with the remaining buns and enjoy.
Per serving: 517kcals, 19.5g fat (6.7g saturated), 47.8g carbs, 7.8g sugars, 35.4g protein, 3g fibre, 1.072g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes