Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Put the warm oil and icing sugar in a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth. Add the cardamom and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon or gently knead with your hands until the mixture comes together into a soft, smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C fan. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out small balls of the dough, roll them into neat balls between the palms of your hands and place on the lined baking trays, spaced a little bit apart. Press each dough ball lightly with your finger to put a little dent in the top (to sprinkle the pistachios into after baking).
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add a pinch of chopped pistachios into the indent you made in each cookie. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe taken from Blasta Books #3: The United Nations of Cookies by Jess Murphy and Eoin Cluskey
Popular in Biscuits & cookies
New York-style cookies