- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small handfuls of spinach
- Parmesan, grated
- Wholemeal toast
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for one minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and balsamic and simmer for 20-25 minutes until thickened, topping up with a splash of water if the beans start to look too dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until it has just wilted. Serve the beans on slices of toast and top with grated Parmesan.
Per serving: 392kcals, 12.3g fat (3.7g saturated), 47.3g carbs, 12.6g sugars, 20.9g protein, 14.6g fibre, 0.501g sodium