For the sriracha mayo:
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
For the fritters:
2 extra-large eggs
1½ tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
120g plain flour
½ a head of cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, peeled and grated
3 spring onions, sliced
Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha and lemon juice. Stir to combine well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth. Add the flour a few tablespoons at a time, whisking together constantly, until it forms a thick, smooth batter.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and spring onions to the batter. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Heat a drizzzle of oil in a non-stick or cast iron pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add a ladleful of the batter mixture. Press it down into the hot pan to form a circle, about 1cm thick, and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a warmed plate and cover with tin foil. Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan when necessary.
- Drizzle with the sriracha mayonnaise and scatter over some sliced spring onions.
- Serve with stir-fried mangetout and extra sriracha mayo on the side.
623kcals, 35.9g fat (6.8g saturated), 62.1g carbohydrates, 11.2g sugars, 15.2g protein, 7.7g fibre, 1.124g sodium
If making these for children, serve without the spicy sauce.