- 230g rice flour
- 80g potato or tapioca flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 370ml water
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 120ml applesauce (or 1 mashed banana)
For the egg replacement:
- 4½ tbsp water
- 4½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
For the berry sauce:
- 250g blueberries and raspberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Whisk together the ingredients for the egg replacement and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then stir in the wet ingredients, including the egg replacement.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and drizzle over a bit of oil. When hot, ladle in small portions to make rounds and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat all of the ingredients for the berry sauce in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the berries burst and the mixture is saucy.
When bubbles appear in the centre, flip over the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with plenty of warm berry sauce drizzled over.
320kcals, 15.2g fat (3g saturated), 44.1g carbs, 10.2g sugars, 2.7g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.98g sodium