- 1 x 7g sachet active dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 150ml warm water
- 180g millet flour
- 190g potato flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp egg replacement, whisked with 4 tbsp water (see Fluffy Pancakes recipe)2 tbsp dairy-free spread, melted
- Combine the yeast and sugar in a small bowl and add a bit of the warm water until the mixture gets foamy. Leave it to sit for 5-10 minutes to prove.
- Combine the flours, xanthan gum and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric whisk with a paddle attachment, or clean hands, mix in the oil, honey, vinegar, egg replacement, and yeast. Mix and knead until smooth.
- Lightly oil a standard 900g loaf tin and line with parchment paper. Use a spatula to scrape the dough into the tin, cover loosely with a clean tea towel and leave to prove in a warm spot for 45 minutes to one hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Brush the top of the bread with the melted margarine and bake for 45 minutes until it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Store in an airtight container.
Per serving:202kcals, 7g fat (1.1g saturated), 32.4g carbs, 2.8g sugars, 3.7g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.302g sodium