4 tbsp breadcrumbs
½ an onion, grated
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
500g lean beef mince
2 gherkins, finely chopped
80g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a 28 x 18cm baking tin.
- In a bowl, combine four tablespoons of ketchup with the egg, breadcrumbs, grated onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mince and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper and mould into a rectangle about 25 x 15cm. Spread the remaining ketchup over the meat and top with the gherkins and half of the cheese.
- Roll up like a Swiss roll, starting with one of the short ends and pulling away the parchment paper while rolling. Pinch the ends together to seal well. Place the meatloaf in the prepared baking tin, seam side-down.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until completely cooked throughout. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the loaf and return to the oven for five minutes until melted.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with chips.
Per Serving: 231kcals, 7.5g fat (3.2g saturated), 14.8g carbs, 9.4g sugars, 26.7g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.606g sodium