These allergy-friendly muffins are free from eggs, gluten, dairy nuts and refined sugars
- 230g brown rice flour
- 70g chickpea/fava flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 180ml almond milk
- 120ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 rhubarb stalk, chopped, tossed with a squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 peaches, pitted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Combine the first eight ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients, aside from the rhubarb and peach, in a large bowl. Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the rhubarb and peaches.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Per serving: 247 kcals, 7.2g fat (5.4g saturated), 44g carbs, 22.7g sugars, 3.7g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.308g sodium