- 240g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 50g brown sugar
- 180g smooth peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 370ml milk
- 60g dark chocolate chips
- Butter, to cook
- Banana slices
- Chopped peanuts
- Chocolate sauce
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and brown sugar together.
- Blend the peanut butter, mashed banana, egg and 120ml of milk in a blender or food processor until mostly smooth.
- Whisk this mixture into the dry ingredients until just blended. Whisk in the remaining milk until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a waffle iron. When it is ready, spread around a bit of butter to coat. Add one-sixth of the waffle batter and close the iron.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, until smoke stops rising from the iron. Repeat with the remaining batter, coating the iron each time with butter.
- Serve warm and top with banana slices, chopped peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate sauce to serve.
Per Serving: 479kcals, 22.3g fat (7.1g saturated), 59.5g carbs, 21.6g sugars, 15.6g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.06g sodium