2 bundles of ramen noodles, or egg noodles
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
Ginger, peeled and grated (1 thumb-size piece)
A large handful of savoy cabbage leaves, washed and finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut julienne style
A large handful of beansprouts, washed
For the sauce:
1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp water
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp sake or red wine
1 tsp sugar
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes until thickened. Set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to the package instructions, then set aside.
- Heat some rapeseed oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onion for one minute.
- Add the garlic, ginger and cabbage and cook for another minute before adding the carrots and beansprouts. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables –– you want them to keep their crunchy texture.
- Add the noodles and sauce into the stir-fry and toss well, continuing to cook for another minute or two. Serve with a side of pickled ginger.
Per serving: 299kcals, 2.8g fat (0.6g saturated), 59.1g carbs, 18.9g sugars, 8.5g protein, 5.1g fibre, 1.041g sodium