1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
60 ml milk
1 basic buttercream icing recipe
Yellow food colouring
Green food colouring
12 ice cream cones
200g plain chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Cream the sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg until combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the muffin cups and bake for 12-15 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of one cake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Brush the outside of the ice cream cones with the melted chocolate and place, open side down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the remaining chocolate on another baking tray lined with parchment paper to make small (about 5cm) discs. Place a cone, open side down, into the centre of each disc and refrigerate for one hour until set.
- Prepare the basic buttercream icing. Set aside about a spoonful of icing and stir in a few drops of yellow food colouring. Stir in a few drops of green food colouring into the remaining icing until bright green.
- Pipe or spread most of the green icing onto the tops of the cupcakes. Use the remaining green icing to make a small band around the base of the hat, then make a small buckle on it with the yellow icing. Place a hat on top of each cupcake to serve.
Per Serving 387kcals, 14.1g fat (7.3g saturated), 58.8g carbs, 29.6g sugars, 5.1g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.12g sodium