4 small winter squash or pumpkins, roughly the size of a large orange
60ml olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
Sea salt and black pepper
2 onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
2 sprigs of thyme leaves
180g cooked chestnuts, chopped
100g walnuts, chopped
100g fresh breadcrumbs
80g pine nuts
100g fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Cut the pumpkin or squash tops off about a quarter of the way down. Use a spoon to hollow out the centres, discarding the seeds.
- Rub the pumpkins all over with olive oil and season the insides generously with salt and black pepper. Place in a roasting tin large enough for the four of them. Roast for 40-50 minutes, or until soft.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme and cook for 4-5 minutes longer.
- Add the chestnuts and walnuts and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the fresh breadcrumbs, the pine nuts and lots of freshly chopped parsley. Season well with salt and pepper. (If the mix seems a little dry, drizzle in a little extra olive oil.)
- Divide this mixture amongst the roasted pumpkins and return to the oven for 10 minutes to warm through.
If you want to add cheese, try a vegetarian-friendly Mozzarella, blue cheese or Parmesan alternative. Add this in Step 5 along with the breadcrumbs and pine nuts.
Per Serving 690kcals, 44.9g fat (4.3g saturated), 65.4 carbs (5.1g sugars), 15.5g protein, 10.1g fibre, 0.486g sodium