For the dressing:
80ml rapeseed oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp honey
For the salad:
6 carrots, peeled and cut into wedges
2 parsnips, peeled and cut into wedges
2 red onions, cut into wedges
4 fresh beetroots, trimmed, peeled and cut into wedges
100g baby spinach leaves
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
100g washed-rind cheese, such as Gubbeen, Durrus or Ardrahan, or any Cheddar, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. (Alternatively, shake together in a jar with a tight- fitting lid). Season to taste.
- Place all of the prepared vegetables in a large baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Scatter over the chopped cheese and return to the oven for five minutes until just melted.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Add the fresh washed spinach leaves and then drizzle over about half of the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately, with the remaining dressing in a jug on the side.
Per Serving: 540kcals, 36g fat (8.1g saturated), 38.7g carbs (19.6g sugars), 14g protein, 9.3g fibre, 0.437g sodium