12 packaged waffles
50g butter, plus extra for greasing
200g dark chocolate chips
½ tsp cinnamon
4 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Grease a 20cm baking dish with butter.
- Butter one side of the waffles. Arrange four slices, buttered side-down, into the dish.
- Scatter with half of the chocolate chips and sprinkle lightly with half of the cinnamon. Add another layer of four waffles, buttered side-down. Scatter the remaining chocolate chips and cinnamon on top.
- Finish with the remaining waffles, again buttered side-down.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the waffles. Press the waffles down slightly. Sprinkle the top lightly with sugar. Allow to stand at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Place the dish inside a larger baking dish and pour in enough water to come half way up the sides of the smaller dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for one hour or until the top is crisp and golden.
Per Serving 536kcals, 29.1g fat (11.1g saturated), 57.3g carbs (27.8g sugars), 11.2g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.119g sodium