Makes around 12
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Slice the aubergine using a mandolin. Brush a large griddle pan with oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Cook the slices of aubergine on the pan until charred.
- Cut the Halloumi into small sausage shapes. Place the Halloumi in a bowl and add the zest of the lemon, the fresh basil leaves and the chopped red chilli. Toss to coat.
- Roll each Halloumi sausage up in one slice of the aubergine and place on a baking tray, seam side-down. Spray with oil or cooking spray and brush with maple syrup.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 99kcals, 7.5g fat (3.8g saturated), 3.7g carbs (2.2g sugars), 4.9g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.489g sodium
Gluten-freeChristmasStartersLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyLow carbLunch & snacksSpecial OccasionsDinner partyMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR