Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the dip:
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large pan over a high heat. Stir-fry the cabbage, carrot, mangetout and beansprouts for one minute.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for two minutes longer until softened. Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil and spring onions and cook for one minute longer.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl to cool slightly and drain off any excess moisture. Stir the noodles into the vegetables.
- Place a sheet of spring roll pastry on a clean work surface with one corner facing towards you. Place one tablespoon of the vegetable mixture on this corner of the pastry and begin to diagonally roll the pastry up tightly around the filling. When you get to the middle of the pastry, fold in the corners from either side and brush a little of the cornflour mixture onto the remaining corner. Finish rolling up and press together to seal.
- Repeat with the rest of the vegetable mixture and pastry sheets.
- For the dip, stir the grated ginger into the soy sauce and set aside until ready to serve. Sprinkle in some sesame seeds when serving.
- Half-fill a deep saucepan with oil and heat to 180°C. Working in small batches to maintain the temperature, deep-fry the spring rolls for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Per spring roll: (with dipping sauce) 231kcals, 12.2g fat (2.6g saturated), 22g carbs (1.7g sugars), 3.9g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.634g sodium
Popular in Dairy-free
Peanut chicken salad