For the crust:
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil, plus extra for greasing, melted
2 medium courgettes, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp coconut flour
Pinch of salt
For the filling:
5 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, beaten
3 tbsp unsweetened plain almond milk
1 tsp mustard
Salt and black pepper
200g cauliflower, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh spinach, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a pie dish with melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Wrap the grated courgette in layers of kitchen paper. Hold them over the sink and squeeze all of the liquid out, then place into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Place the courgette mixture into the prepared pie dish and use the back of a spoon to spread it all around the dish. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and set aside, leaving the oven on.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and egg whites, almond milk, mustard and some salt and black pepper.
- Put the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Add the cauliflower and spinach to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the crust and top with the tomato slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then loosely cover with parchment paper and return to the oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the centre is firm and set.
- Allow to cool for 6-8 minutes, then slice and serve with a salad.
Per Serving: 194 kcal, 11.1g fat (5.4g saturated), 11.2g carbs (5.4g sugars), 14.6g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.239g sodium