Makes around 30
300g plain flour
50g ground almonds
80g caster sugar
175g margarine/vegan butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
3 tbsp soy milk or almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/ gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds and caster sugar. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the vanilla, orange zest and soy milk. Mix together until it forms a dough.
- Wrap the dough and chill for at least one hour. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment until about 3mm thick.
- Using a round cutter, cut circles out of the dough.
- Cut different shapes from the middles of half the biscuits. Place back on the prepared baking tray and refrigerate again for at least one hour
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Spread jam over the whole circles and stick the cut-out biscuits on top.
Per Serving 108kcals, 5.7g fat (0.9g saturated), 13.1g carbs (4.5g sugars), 1.5g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.057g sodium