180g chickpea liquid
160g caster sugar
280g desiccated coconut
100g gluten free flour
½ tsp gluten-free xanthan gum
150g vegan or plain chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/ gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the chickpea liquid until frothy.
- Stir in the caster sugar,coconut, flour and xanthan gum. Mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, roll the mix into balls and place on the lined trays.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- If desired, dip the bottoms of the macaroons in melted dark chocolate and drizzle the tops. Allow the chocolate to set.
Per Serving 182kcals, 11.8g fat (9.6g saturated), 19.3g carbs (12.3g sugars), 1.7g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.012g sodium