330g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
200g caster sugar
200ml vegetable oil
330ml almond or soy milk
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
100g strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and all but two tablespoons of the sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, almond (or soy) milk, vinegar and vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with the reserved sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffed. Leave to cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving: 324kcals, 16.2g fat (3.1g saturated), 41.4g carbs (19g sugars), 3.9g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.42g sodium