Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry and trim to a 35cm circle. Place the pastry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and prick all over with a fork. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 25cm heavy-based ovenproof pan over a medium heat. Add the beetroot, shallots, vinegar, sugar and dill. Season generously and toss to combine.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour and 15 minutes or until the beetroot is tender. Remove from the oven and arrange the vegetables neatly, spreading out the beetroots and shallots and making sure flat sides are against the base of the pan.
- Drape the pastry over the pan, carefully tucking in the edges around the filling. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes. Place a board or plate on top, then swiftly and smoothly flip everything over to turn out the tarte tatin.
- Scatter over some fresh herbs, toasted pine nuts and orange zest, to serve.
Per Serving: 652kcals, 40.6g fat (9.5g saturated), 65g carbs (15g sugars), 15g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.323g sodium
Popular in Starters
Pineapple cheese log with almonds, pecans and pistachios