Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and mix in just enough of the water until the mixture comes together as a smooth dough. Bring it together into a firm ball.
- Set half of the dough aside in the fridge until ready to use. Roll the remaining dough on a lightly-floured work surface. Use a 6cm pastry cutter to stamp out 18 rounds.
- Nestle the rounds into the holes of two 12-cup tartlet tins, so that the pastry fits smoothly in the bottom of each cup and comes slightly up the sides.
- Fill each hole with about one tablespoon of the mincemeat filling.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and stamp out 18 more circles, or stars if desired. Dampen the edges of the pastries in the tin with a bit of cold water, then press the lids on.
- Cut a small slit into the centre of each pie and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.
Per Serving 186kcals, 7.8g fat (4.7g saturated), 26.3g carbs, 12.9g sugars, 2.1g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.049g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge