90g quinoa, uncooked
300ml chicken stock
2 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g turkey mince
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
Salt and black pepper
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
120g Cheddar or Mozzarella, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Slice off the tops of the peppers and clean out the insides. Place them in a baking dish, cut side up, and roast for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- While the peppers are roasting, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the turkey mince and cook for 6-8 minutes until all the pink is gone, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, some salt and pepper, the chilli flakes, oregano and basil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Fold about 80g of the cheese into the turkey mixture. Stuff the peppers with the filling and top with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
Per serving: 205kcals, 9.6g fat (2.4g saturated), 14.3g carbs, 2.4g sugars, 16.2g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.316g sodium
The same method will work using beef, chicken, lamb or pork mince!