½ tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
250g leftover roast turkey, shredded
250g leftover cooked ham, shredded
160ml white wine
Handful of fresh sage leaves, chopped
3 tbsp double cream
150ml chicken or turkey stock
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Salt and black pepper
Juice of ½ a lemon
For the crumble topping:
80g rolled oats
100g mature Cheddar, grated
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the turkey and ham and cook for two minutes longer.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble until reduced by half.
- Stir in the sage, cream, stock and mustard. Taste and add a generous crack of black pepper and a pinch of salt if needed; the ham and stock may provide enough salt. Allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats, Cheddar and thyme and season to taste. Scatter evenly over the top of the pie.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crumble is golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Serve with mashed potato and peas.
618kcals, 44.9g fat (26.2g saturated), 15.4g carbs (1.3g sugars), 33.5g protein, 3.3g fibre, 1.051g sodium