2 fresh tuna steaks
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
300g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 x 4cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
3 garlic cloves, crushed
120ml chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Noodles or rice
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the tuna steaks dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and black pepper. Rub the steaks with the oil. Cook for two minutes per side or until cooked to your liking; fresh tuna is best served pink in the middle. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat, heat oil. Add the onion and cook for one minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, carrot, ginger, chilli flakes and garlic. Cook and stir for one minute longer.
- Add the stock and soy sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the coriander and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide between plates, add the tuna steaks and drizzle with any remaining juices from the pan. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 596kcals, 34.2g fat (5.9g saturated), 32.3g carbs (7.9g sugars), 45.7g protein, 9.9g fibre, 1.22g sodium